Game Change


Life surprises us all the time. We never know what can move us to action until life finally happens. Who would ever have thought that several lines from a Hollywood movie would spell a big difference in my life. Definitely NOT ME. Until I watched Battleship. Until I heard these exact lines spoken by Alex Hopper’s brother, Commander Stone Hopper, in the movie Battleship:

“As from now, as of right this second- there’s a new dynamic in play. And this dynamic is the following: from here on till I say otherwise, there will be no more debate, no more discussion, no more compromise. It’s me speaking, you listening. Me saying, you doing. Do you understand that? It’s time for a new course of action. A new direction. A game change! You’re joining me in the navy.”

Battleship - Movie Photo
Scene from the movie Battleship - Alex Hopper (Taylor Kitsch) with Admiral Shane (Liam Neeson) 

I am not Alex Hopper. My brother is no Navy Captain and I never hit on the admiral’s daughter. Yet it seemed that I was Alex Hopper!

I am Cameron Hernandez, a husband and father of 3, whose goal has always been to give my family the very best. I resigned from my job of four years at one of the country’s leading multi-national companies to concentrate on the business I wanted to get involved in—a digital solutions company. On top of that, I would also help out in my family’s garments business. Thinking that I no longer had an 8 – 5 job, and that I had total control of my time, I would also be able to devote more time for my family.

Come to think of it, I was Alex Hopper, too, as there were many things in me that I wanted to correct. I needed to change my life for the better.

The businesses which I thought would keep me busy didn’t really keep me busy enough. Doing mostly online marketing for my start-up digital solutions business and meeting clients 2-3 x a week, left me idle on other days, giving me the perfect opportunity to watch all my favorite TV series, from Game of Thrones to Suits to The Walking Dead, while pigging out on all the food I can get my hands on. I can munch on three bags of popcorn and drink 1 liter of coke in just a couple of hours. I can eat 4-7 cups of rice in one mealtime. In a span of a year, from an obese weight of 195, I ended up being 215 pounds!

Then life happened and Battleship led me to a game change.

Battleship was shown almost a year ago. Two months after I watched it, I was offered a managerial job in an I.T. company, hitting my 3-month target in just my first month on the job. I felt closer to my family and my start-up business is slowly picking up. And believe it or not, I have started winning my battle against the bulge, losing a whopping 30 pounds in barely 8 weeks. My XXL shirts and size 38 pants are now too big for me to wear. The dosage of my hypertension meds have been cut in half. And to say that I am proud of myself for all these accomplishments so far would be an understatement.

How did I do all these aside from being motivated by the movie Battleship? I’ll let you in on a secret.

Follow my next blogs.

"The success you achieve is directly related to the steps you conceive" . - Todd Duncan

------------------------------
About Cameron Hernandez:
Cameron has the natural ability to lead people having led and co-founded the secret organization of superheroes called C.L.A.W.S. when he was still in grade 2.  To hide his true identity, he manufactured and sold friendship bracelets and lucky necklaces. His expertise in sales led to a career as a Senior CD Executive in a multi-national company. He's now an entrepreneur,   motivational speaker, husband of 1 wife and a dad of 2 lovely girls and a handsome little boy.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments:

Copyright © 2013 Pixel Perfect Blog